Predoctoral position in Hematology, RNA Biology and Iron Metabolism
Predoctoral position in Hematology, RNA Biology and Iron Metabolism for Postdoctoral Research Fellowship at the Josep Carreras Leukaemia Research Institute (IJC), Badalona, Barcelona
Hematology, RNA Biology and Iron Metabolism
The Josep Carreras Leukaemia Research Institute (IJC) is a recently founded institute combining basic and applied haematological cancer research.
We are looking for a highly motivated predoctoral researcher who is interested in joining a young and dynamic laboratory that applies state-of-the-art technology in haematology, RNA biology, genetics and iron metabolism.
The main research interests of the lab are to explore molecular links between haematology and iron metabolism identifying and characterizing new mRNAs regulated by the IRP/IRE system (Sanchez et al, Blood 2011 Nov 24;118(22):e168-79) and in fundamental research aiming to address the mitochondrial iron-overload phenotype in Myelodysplastic Syndrome patients. These studies are financed under the national and international grants: SAF2012/40106 Role of new IRP-target mRNAs in Cancer and Iron Biology, and DJCLS R 14/04 Deutsche Josep Carreras Leukämie-Stiftung Myelodisplastic syndromes: cause of mitochondrial iron overload in sideroblastic anemia (PI: M. Sanchez). Patient samples are provided by established partnerships with international clinical groups. We rely on cell culture and a wide variety of biochemical/genetic techniques.
For additional information concerning the post description please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our homepage www.carrerasresearch.org
We are looking for an enthusiastic candidate, who wants to work in a young and efficient team to address new and challenging aspects of haematology and iron metabolism.
- Proven Laboratory experience especially in haematology, microscopy, RNA Biology, mouse work, and/or iron biology.
- Good communication skills
- Languages: English (required), Spanish (helpful).
- Abroad laboratory experience will be a plus, as well as publications in peer-reviewed journals.
- 4-year predoctoral contract. Additional expenses connected to the project are provided.
- Expected starting date: From January 2017
Please send your application to email@example.com before 6th January 2017. Please include:
- Subject of email: Candidate Predoc-2017
- Letter of motivation
- A CV including your contact details and provide detailed information concerning fulfilling of selection criteria
- Names of two referees (with email and phone number)
For more information
Additionally, for more information see IJC
Deadline for applications
Send applications by January 6th, 2017.
How to apply
Interested applicants should send their CV,
cover letter and references to :
Bionformatics Analyst in NGS data for doing a Industrial PhD
The Genetic Clinical Unit DIRON (Diagnostics in Iron Metabolism) led by Dr. Mayka Sanchez located in the IJC Can Ruti Campus (Badalona, Barcelona) is a young, dynamic and growing genetic diagnostic unit providing genetics diagnostics to national and international Hospitals in iron metabolism and other blood diseases. In collaboration with Whole Genix, we are developing and validating a targeted NGS panel with 54 genes covering 14 diseases and 3 additional panels are under development.
Whole Genix, led by Dr. Cristian Tornador located in the PCB is a bioinformatician company that use next-generation sequencing platforms and applies advanced bio-computing techniques to generate and analyse genetic data, providing the utmost commitment and confidentiality to our customers.
We are seeking a Bioinformatician Analysts to undergo an Industrial PhD Program (from Generalitat de Catalunya) help with the NGS/Exome data analysis, development of pipelines for improving analysis of variants of unknown significance and development of our own accurate database of mutations and support with LIMS program PROGENY.
- NGS data analysis and development of specific pipelines
- Development of pipelines and tools for improving analysis of variants of unknown significance
- Development of our own database of mutations, based on our expertise knowledge in the field
- Support with LIMS program PROGENY
- Analysis of whole exome data WES in selected cases
- European Official Master in Bioinformatics or equivalent
- Academic marks above 6,5 over 10
- Understanding of basic concepts genetics and next generation sequencing (preferable MiSeq platform)
- Desirable good programming/scripting skills
- High motivation for translational research
- Ability to think independently and also work in collaboration with others
- Fluency in written and oral English
- Experience analysing targeted NGS panels and whole-genome or exome data is a plus
- Experience creating databases or knowledge of LIMS-Progeny is a plus
- 3-year contract within a Industrial PhD Programme (approx 21.600 euros gross/year)
- Excellent work environment and computing resources
- Opportunities for attendance at local and prestigious international meetings and Courses (e.g. EMBL and EMBO Courses)